You are not logged in.

Thursday, November 10th 2016, 4:40pm

Retro Server

Hello,
I'd like to know if it's possible to create an in-game account profile for the international retro server, ogame1304.de.
I can't find it in the list, if i select the .de domain.

Regards
Fra

Assimilator

Project Management

1. Project Management

Thursday, November 10th 2016, 7:53pm

Hello Fra,

thank you for your request.

The international retro server is not even in the list under https://de.ogame.gameforge.com/.
I will ask the project leader and he will answer soon.

Best regards
Assimilator

OProjekt Forum

Registriere Dich jetzt bei OProjekt und besuche uns auf Facebook.

Friday, November 11th 2016, 8:54am

Ok, i'll be waiting for the answer. Thank you!

Tuesday, November 22nd 2016, 11:31am

Any news about this?

Assimilator

Project Management

1. Project Management

Tuesday, November 22nd 2016, 8:30pm

Any news about this?

At the moment, no contact to my project leader. I don't know...
Sorry!

OProjekt Forum

Wednesday, November 23rd 2016, 12:31am

No problem, i'll try again in a while. I'm quite patient :)

Assimilator

Project Management

1. Project Management

Wednesday, November 23rd 2016, 2:54pm

No problem, i'll try again in a while. I'm quite patient :)

Thanks for you patience.

We will not forget your request.

OProjekt Forum

Petty230

Project Leadership

1. Project Management

Friday, November 25th 2016, 8:48pm

Oh sorry, I responded to this request already 2 weeks ago but I think I forgot to press the submit button :( :(

We could add this universe, but I hardly believe that everything is calculated correctly. And retro universes are not important enough to spend extra effort supporting them...

Thursday, December 1st 2016, 4:10pm

Quoted from "Petty230"

Oh sorry, I responded to this request already 2 weeks ago but I think I forgot to press the submit button :( :(
Really not problem, it happens :)

Quoted from "Petty230"

We could add this universe, but I hardly believe that everything is calculated correctly. And retro universes are not important enough to spend extra effort supporting them...
Then the meaning is "we could but we won't"?
If so, no problem, i understand that the players pool of a single server is not very noticeable. While, in months, i'm the first one asking for this, probably there won't be many others in the future.
Anyways if the problem is only about the correct formulas, i can give you every needed information without problems because i have the right ones already and i can happily cooperate. The Retro Server will never endure an update (or at least this is the actual purpose of the GF), then it will need a null (or limited) future support.

Anyways, thanks very much for your time!

Petty230

Project Leadership

1. Project Management

Thursday, December 8th 2016, 10:49pm

Quoted from "Petty230"

Really not problem, it happens :)

Quoted from "Petty230"

Then the meaning is "we could but we won't"?
If so, no problem, i understand that the players pool of a single server is not very noticeable. While, in months, i'm the first one asking for this, probably there won't be many others in the future.
Anyways if the problem is only about the correct formulas, i can give you every needed information without problems because i have the right ones already and i can happily cooperate. The Retro Server will never endure an update (or at least this is the actual purpose of the GF), then it will need a null (or limited) future support.

Anyways, thanks very much for your time!

Answer is: I could add this universe if you want, in fact we already have a flag for retro universes, but I don't think that the calculation is done right as the source code has evolved much in the last years and I don't think that retro universes were taken into consideration. Implementing the correct formular into the source code is might not as easy as you think even if you provide them (anyway, many formulas available in Wiki's or created by users are rather incomplete or just wrong, especially in complex scenarios like multi-speed universe handling, paid extras and so on). And I can't make any promise that I'm doing source code improvements in the next time.

Saturday, December 10th 2016, 8:35am

Ok, got it. I'll check from time to time if something will change. I guess there will be a news, in case.

Thank you